The ice rinks at Frank Ryan Park are open!
Thanks to our team of ice-maker and volunteers.
- OPEN: The rinks will be open during regular park hours as long as weather conditions permit.
- Please stay off the rink when it is being flooded, the weather is above freezing, or there are signs indicating the rink is closed. We do that to preserve good conditions.
- CHANGE ROOM: The change room and fieldhouse will be open evenings, 1600-2200, and weekends, 1000-2200, when we have volunteer attendants.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are still looking for people to help us keep the field house open for more hours. This is a great opportunity to give back to your community, get volunteer hours for High School, meet your neighbours, and get some fresh air. It’s easy: Show up, open and close door, monitor and enjoy. You will get instructions. Two hour shifts. Help us get the word out to your neighbors. More volunteers – more open hours! Send message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONDITIONS: Our rink co-ordinator updates conditions weekly or when there are major changes. We encourage users to submit condition reposts on Ottawa Rinks website. This is a great community, crowd-sourced site you can check before going out to skate: https://www.ottawarinks.ca/
- THANK YOU: Special thanks to Robert Graham, our ice maker, for his hard work to get the rink open and keep it in good conditions.
- QUESTIONS or COMMENTS: Please reach out to email@example.com