QTN residents are grieving the loss of trees for the LRT project this week, some very old ones and many that had special meaning for residents. The QTN planning committee did not get advance notice of this, and when the information came, it was too late and inadequate to pursue any alternatives. We have voiced our concern about the lack of information and opportunity to ask questions.
Now there are a series of meetings on issues of importance to QTN. Take note of the following dates or subscribe to our calendar:
- December 2: Proposed apartment project at 2554 Carling (corner of Carling and Tavistock)
- Developer will present plans; opportunity to ask questions.
- Olde Forge Community Resource Centre, 2730 Carling Ave, 7 p.m.
- December 3: LRT Phase 2 from Cleary to Lincoln Fields – Open House
- Ukranian Church, 1000 Byron Avenue, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- December 11: Lincoln Fields Secondary Plan – City of Ottawa – Open House
- Learn about city plans for wider area and provide comments
- Ron Kolbus Lakeside Center, 102 Greensview, 6:30 to 8:30
- December 12: LRT Phase 2 from Lincoln Fields to Moodie – Open House
- Ron Kolbus Lakeside Center, 102 Greensview, 6:30 – 8:30
- December 12: Hearing on Interim Plan for Lincoln Fields Mall
- City Planning Committee – to be confirmed
The QTN Planning Committee has requested a separate meeting with the LRT team to discuss issues related to plans through our neighborhood in greater detail.