* UPDATE * DATE CHANGE due to weather – ALL EVENTS on June 11th!
All-day rain is forecasted for Sunday, so we’re moving ALL Sunday activities (Bike Parade, Picnic in the Park, Cuppa Soup Band, Cookie Giveaway) to TOMORROW, Saturday 11 June!
The Giveaway Event, Recycling Depot, and Forest Discovery Walk are still on for tomorrow! Join us for the whirlwind Green Weekend (or Green Saturday) fun tomorrow!
- Giveaway Event: Back by popular demand, this is your chance to declutter your home and transform your unwanted items into someone else’s treasure! Place your gently-used items near the curb in front of your home Saturday morning with a sign marked “Free,” and let the treasure hunt begin!
- Family Bike Parade – 10:45 AM: Join us for a bike parade around QTN. Meet us at the gates of Frank Ryan Park. Add some festivity by coming in costume or decorating your bike!
- Picnic in the Park – 11:30 AM: Let’s come together at Frank Ryan Park for a neighbourhood picnic. Pack your lunch and a blanket, and we’ll provide some music!
- Live Music – 12 PM & 1 PM: Enjoy a performance (or two) by Cuppa Soup Combo at Frank Ryan Park. Cuppa Soup is well known in our community for their upbeat jazz music! The band will happily entertain us, while graciously accepting donations for the Shepherds of Good Hope.
- Cookie Giveaway – 12 PM: Calling all cookie lovers! Keepin’ It Vegan Bakery will be giving away free cookies in the park starting at 12 p.m. Vegan & gluten free options will also be available. Jordan Pett, owner of the bakery, is one of QTN’s talented go-to bakers. Be sure to check-out her website!
- Forest Discovery Walk: Take a walk through our Frank Ryan & Elmhurst forests and discover the names of 30 various trees and plants that make QTN so beautiful.
- Recycling Depot: Did you know that used markers, pens, batteries, and print cartridges can be recycled? Be sure to drop them into the designated recycling bins at Frank Ryan Park and keep them out of landfills. In the future, simply drop off these used items at any Staples locations.